Can I get life insurance if I enjoy skydiving?
Sky diving seems to be more popular than ever these days. The hobby is enjoyed by people of all ages. But, when an individual is involved with skydiving it can make finding affordable life insurance a bit more difficult.
Hobbies such as skydiving, race car driving, mountain climbing are considered by the life insurance industry as high risk activities. But, it is important to remember that not all life insurance companies evaluate risk the same.
Typically, someone who participates in sky diving is insurable if there are no other circumstances that might rule them out such as medical history, height/weight, etc.
With that said often times the insurance company will want to place an extra premium surcharge on the policy to cover the risk of the sky diving.
How to determine the rates for skydiving?
In trying to determine the rates an insurance company will charge for someone who skydives the insurer will first want to know the answers to several questions. Below are the typical questions a life insurance carrier would need answered before determining if a policy is available for skydiving.
- Date of birth?
- Do you belong to a club affiliated with the United States Parachute Association? If yes, which affiliation do you hold, amateur of professional?
- Do you follow the regulations and safety standards established by the United States Parachute Association? If no, please explain.
- How long have you been skydiving?
- Number of jumps last 12 months?
- Number of jumps in last 1-2 years?
- Do you take part in exhibitions or competition? If yes, need description and nature of the events.
- Do you receive remuneration for skydiving activity?
- Are you an airplane pilot or intend to become one? If yes, need details on aviation activities.
In addition to the answers to the above questions it is also important to have other details such as:
- What amount of protection do you require?
- What plan of coverage are you looking for? I.E. Term or whole life coverage
- Have you used any tobacco products in last 5 years?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications?
- Do you have any other major health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, etc.
- Current height and weight?
How to find the best carriers for coverage?
In order to find the carriers with the best rates for those who participate in skydiving you need to work with an expert agent. An expert agent who has experience and knowledge will save you money and time in shopping for the lowest rates.
Fortunately, you have landed on this page. We have 30 plus years of experience working with individuals who have special risk life insurance needs. We know the top carriers to speak with. We know which carriers offer the best policies for your situation.
How we can save you time and money?
With the answers to the questions provided above we then go to work in locating the company in the industry that will offer the lowest rates. By informally shopping your coverage via telephone and e-mails direct with the underwriters, we can then come back to you with the lowest rates. This saves you time from calling around different agents and having to fill out applications for multiple insurers.
As an independent agency with dozens of carriers to choose from and with the carriers that are experts in skydiving we do all the heavy lifting for you. This process makes purchasing life insurance for special risk situations much easier.
If you are in the market for life insurance and participate in skydiving contact the experts at 1-888-393-9003 or email@example.com Thank you for reading this blog